Sunday, October 28, 2007

Alice Deejay, Alien Ant Farm, All American Rejects

Alice Deejay is the artist responsible for one of the two techno songs I kind of like. It goes to show how little I care for this genre when I admit that I can't remember what the other song is. I actually thought that I already wrote about it, but upon skimming past posts, I can't seem to find it. So I'll continue with this deja vu-esque feeling, and say that maybe in my future ramblings about songs and artists that come later in the alphabet, I will come across this other techno song that I already like.

Righto. So, I'm not really sure why I like this song (song being Better Off Alone). It definitely does not make me want to dance (is techno supposed to do that?) but it does make me bop my head, tap the ol foot a bit. I guess that's pretty much all I have to say about it.
________________________________________
I first came by Alien Ant Farm after hearing their cover of Smooth Criminal, and I happen to think they did it quite a good bit of justice. I really really liked their cover. They respected the original, and definitely added a bit of rock and harshness to an already well put-together song. I like it quite a bit. So you know, I dug this song and wanted to check out other stuff they had out there. Sadly, I was not as impressed. Oh Alien Ant Farm, you have let me down.

Okay, not complete. The song Movies is pretty decent, catchy, with their signature kind of forced and unnatural vocals. Also, Good (For a Woman) is not bad, and their voices are not as forced. Glow, however, as well as Goodbye, are going stright to the garbage. Goodbye.
_____________________________________________
Ok, admittedly I went through a serious pop-punk-beginningsofemo phase, and I mean, so did about 5 million other people so I feel I was in pretty good company. That is the reason I have bands like The All American Rejects in my library. I only have one song by them, maybe you've heard of it, a little ditty by the name of Swing Swing. I am so. over. it. Delete.

No comments: