Saturday, October 20, 2007

Air

Air is a pair of French guys I guess I'd classify as electronica with some actual instrumentals tossed in for good measure. Their sound is very laid back and smooth, slow beats, good mood/homework/background music. Some of the songs have (minimal) vocals (French and English) but they're female and I don't know does them.

Breaking News: Air is actually an acronym, standing for Amour, Imagination, RĂªve (Love, Imagination, Dream).

I enjoy Air - I have three of their albums plus some stuff they did for the movie The Virgin Suicides and I definitely like some more than others. Moon Safari (their debut) is definitely my favorite of ones I have (other two being Talkie Walkie and 10,000 Hz Legend). The other two aren't bad and they're definitely interesting, but the thing is the tracks on M.S. are just more linear, which is more pleasant to listen to with Air's already far-out-ish style.

M.S. is definitely staying, as is Walkie Talkie (it definitely has some good tracks (check out Cherry Blossom Girl), but I think 10,000 is going to have to go. However their most recent album, Pocket Symphony (2007) was pretty well received, so I might have to check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.