Thursday, October 18, 2007

Aerosmith

Aerosmith. I have exactly four songs by them. Sweet Emotion, Janey's Got a Gun, Love in an Elevator, and Angel. I'm not exactly sure what the significance of these four songs is, where I got them, or how I came to decide upon them. I do know that I don't like any of them very much at all, so I think I'm going to delete them. Except maybe Sweet Emotion, which I mostly just like because of the very beginning bars, all guitar-y and kind of badass and it reminds me of Starsky and Hutch.

I do not think that Joe Perry is a particularly talented guitarist. I do, however, really like Steven Tyler's voice and think that it goes wasted on the often overall goofiness of most Aerosmith songs. The man can belt.

I feel like there are a couple Aerosmith songs that I hear on the radio and kind of enjoy, but now I can't think of them. I will definitely delete Janey as well as Angel. The other two are in limbo at the moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh youth.. those songs are classics. It's easy to quickly dismiss Joe Perry, i've done the same so i can't say anything about you, but there is truly a method to his madness. It's not as showy, or technical, it's deep and dark. And that's what sets him apart.

Steven's singing... Janies got a gun is a fantastic example of his range. I've got some footage behind the scenes on the creation on that song, amazing stuff.