Saturday, November 3, 2007

Allman Brothers (and their various bands)

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know much about the Allman Brothers supposedly tumultuous history. A lot of loss, a lot of rotating band members, and a lot of sweet southern rock n roll. Yeah, don't know the history, DO know all about their (kind of groundbreaking) push of southernbased rockabilly (appropriate term?) and their amazing guitar licks and kind of incomparable ability to have more than one guitar and a bunch of other instruments and not make me all nauseaus and overwhelmed with the too many sounds.

So I don't really have many complete albums by these guys but what I have a do like. Little bit of the Fillmore, little bit of Hell and High Water, little bit of Brothers and sisters, Eat a Peach (soliddddd), and some various randos from their multituide of compilations. I like a lot of it...okay all of it at times, but it's definitely the kind of thing I have to be in the mood for. Actually, I could listen to Ramblin Man pretty much anytime. Jessica too.

No comments: