Saturday, November 3, 2007

American Hi-Fi, Amy Winehouse, Andrei Matorin

Yeah yeah yeah American Hi-Fi was something I indulged in back in my popemo phase. You can make all the fun of me you want, but the one song I have by them (Flavor of the Week) is really effing catchy and I refuse to get rid of it. At least not yet.

_______________________________
How can you not love theunparalleled Miz Amy Winhouse?? Her drunken debauchery and drug use aside, this woman has an amazing voice and chiquita knows how to use it.

Her soul-ish, kind of R&B kind of blues kind of jazz vocal stylings are seriously unlike anything else that's out there right now. She is, like, the new definition of belting and I love it. So so much. I only have her album Back to Black and one track off of her debut album, Frank, (tracking being Stronger Than Me) and it's also just awesome. If you're looking for a seriously smooth vocalist listen to her. In fact, even if you're not, listen to her. She is sick sick sick. And I'm not talking about her alcohol use tendencies.

PS WOW okay so her remixes with hiphoppers are also schweet. Jay-Z's Rehab remix is awesome, his flow is so funnyfresh. And Ghostface Killah's rhymes on You Know I'm No Good are absoluetly amazing, and he maintains his redonk words and cwazy stuff he rhymes about. "Oh what a wet weewee" is seriously one of his lines. Hahahahahahaaaaa.

_________________________________
So I've come across this amazing new artist by the name of Andrei Matorin. No seriously, I was on my buddy Drei's website and accidentally downloaded one of his sick jazzy violin tracks while I was listening to it. Let me just say that my friend here (and former violin nemesis) is a talented mofo and is going places. Check out his website (www.andreimatorin.com) for his details as well as to listen to his amazing tracks.

No comments: