Saturday, November 3, 2007

Andrew W-K, Andy Williams, Animal Collective

Andrew W-K is a freakin crazy ass mess and for that you've gotta love him. He bleeds, vomits, does whatever else he does on stage. Actually, I don't even know if should even be speaking of him in the present tense. Does he still perform? Is he still alive?? Who knows.

Well I have his one song that I think everyone knows - Party Hard. I think it pretty much sums him up in a nutshell. And it's awesome for bouncing around with your friends and banging your head and just being crazy yourself and it's staying in my library for precisely that reason.
__________________________________________
Andy Williams is party of a Christmas compilation that I have and he sings It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year complete with a big ol band backing him up and he's clearly staying in the library for when I have to get in the spirit.
__________________________________________
I have one song by the band Animal Collective, a group of guys that I think is best described as eclectic. They encompass a lot of different styles and I think a lot of that has to do with their rotating members. Noisy, funky, folky at times, I have their song Did You See the Words (off of the album Feels) and it's really laid back. I've heard stuff off their other albums though, most recently Strawberry Jam (the cover of which is absolutely delish looking) and I seriously dig it. and I can honestly say that it's all unique and I want moooore. Obvi keeping this song, obvi getting more albums.

No comments: